Mittwoch, 2. Dezember 2015

Thanksgiving

Hey y'all!
Thursday I celebrated probably one of the biggest and most exciting holidays I'll have in the U.S : Thanksgiving! And as I have to say, it was kind of like in movies : on Thursday morning the daughter of my host mom , my local coordinator, woke me up and my host sister from Taiwan up and then went with her to her house to watch the Macy's thanksgiving day parade trough New York City and it was awesome! A Santa Claus car ended the parade , which is supposed to show the beginning of Christmas season and the end of thanksgiving season. Fortunately we had really good weather and after that we started cooking all day long ; we made stuffing , Turkey, mashed potatoes , gravy , cranberry sauce, green bean casserole, pumpkin pie and other things and although I'm vegetarian and couldn't eat the Turkey I ate so so much! It was just a really good experience and for the first time I thought about how thankful I actually am to be here. It was just a pretty peaceful day, having my host family by my side and cooking like we would have been a family forever . My 4th month just started and all the time went by so fast but it still feels like I would have been here only for a few days. Virginia and the U.S just became my home. After eating thanksgiving dinner we finally watched the North Carolina Panthers vs. Dallas Cowboys football game and North Carolina won:)  
On Friday I was Black Friday shopping for Christmas presents and I stood up at 4 am to drive 1 hour to a big mall where I waited 30 hours in the cold air in front of Victoria's Secret until they opened and I bought really much ! After that I went to at least 30 different shops looking for the best deals and it was really crowded  but at the end of the day I had a Polaroid camera , huge bags from guess, new balance , Mac and Victoria's Secret and plenty of presents for my family and friends in Germany . Saturday I worked the whole day with my host family on our Christmas decoration and in the evening I went with  my sister to the movies to watch  mockingjay part 2.. I love this movie!  

Some thanksgiving food☺️

Early in the morning Victoria's Secret 

I can tell;  it was successful 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen