Samstag, 9. April 2016

My exchange year

What is exchange ? Exchange is finding your best friends in people you've never met before. Exchange is trusting foreign people to give you a home and to adapt you to their culture. Exchange is finding a home far away from home , and finding a family far away from your family. Exchange is finding yourself. My exchange year gave me time to try out things I'd have never expected to try, things I've never been interested in. I found my second home on a farm in the middle of the beautiful state of Virginia. I found siblings I can proudly call my family. I found my love to theater and psychology . It feels like my first day of high school would've been yesterday, but yet it has been 8 months since. I can remember my first pep rallye, my first AF game, my first basketball try outs, my first school dance. I will miss the spirit days and the school colors drawn in my face to support the school team. I'll miss living in a new culture and feeling like the part of it. I'll miss building floats with other juniors to go on a parade through the town a part of my heart will never leave. I can't believe how fast 10 months went by and how much Virginia became my home. This year I had the possibility to go to NYC, Washington D.c, to become a hockey fan ( GO RANGERS) , to do volunteering work and most importantly to grow as an individual. I can't believe it's time to say goodbye for me in as soon as 2 months and to leave this part of my life forever behind. I will never be the same person which came here again when I'm leaving, but I'll always remember this year as the best decision of my life, and the most exciting year I've ever experienced. 

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen